BSc(Hons), BMed, DRANZCOG Adv, FRACGP, FARGP
Dr Andrew Pennington is an integrative GP committed to wholistic lifestyle medicine that wherever possible seeks to use lifestyle as medicine to heal. He desires to use both traditional and natural remedies, with sensible lifestyle measures to heal, and promote wellness. Andrew is the founder and Practice Principal of Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic. Andrew believes that people thrive in wellness when they are healthy in mind, body and spirit, and as such seeks to address each of these areas as they relate to a person’s health. Andrew would love to be your family GP. Andrew has a strong interest in chronic disease (eg diabetes and cardiovascular disease) prevention and reversal where possible, using evidence based lifestyle interventions as first line therapy. Andrew also has a special interest in mental illness using lifestyle, nutritional supplemental and other evidence based complementary approaches to treatment.
Training and experience:
- Fellowship in General Practice through the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice (FARGP)
- Advanced Diploma in Obstetrics (DRANZCOG Advanced). Andrew was previously a rural GP Obstetrician and continues to enjoy helping pregnant women through their journey towards and after birth. He is registered to provide shared care through the Northern and Inner West Sydney hospital networks
- International Board Certification in Lifestyle Medicine (IBLM/ASLM)
- Having extensive paediatric (child health) experience, Andrew enjoys looking after babies, children and assisting their parents.
- Academic experience in research and teaching at Melbourne University and has more recently been involved in teaching graduate medical students from Sydney University.
- Additional training in Advanced Nutrient Therapy for Mental Illness using Pfeiffer/Walsh methodology to use targeted nutrient therapy to correct biochemical imbalances associated with mental illness and behavioural disorders.
- Andrew is a trained facilitator for CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program, an evidence-based lifestyle medicine program with proven results and priceless benefits.
- Please note Dr Pennington does not provide integrative management of tick-borne illnesses or lyme-like illnesses
Andrew is a committed Christian who believes that all people are created of equal value. Regardless of one’s race, culture, gender, sexuality, religion or socioeconomic status, Andrew desires to try and assist and provide people equal opportunities to thrive in health and wellness as God intends them to.
BPsych (hons); Assoc MAPS
Claire Marsh is a warm and friendly psychologist who is the manager of Adventist Counselling Services (ACS).
She is an experienced psychologist who also works in schools doing school counselling and psychometric assessments. She is able to accept medicare and non-medicare referrals.
Claire is trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT); and is able to combine her approach with some creative methods involving art and sand-play for adults, children and adolescents.
Claire is able to assist with:
• Depression, Anxiety and other mental health conditions
• Grief and loss
• Couple counselling
• Trauma and abuse
• Substance abuse issues
• Family and Parenting
• Clarification of values, identity and goals
• Building resilience
Claire is a trained ‘Prepare-Enrich’ Facilitator, ‘CAP Money’ Facilitator and ‘Cool Kids’ Anxiety Program Facilitator. She is also able to provide some specialised services in the following areas:
• Pre-marital preparation counselling
• Marriage seminars and workshops
• Mental Health workshops
• Forgiveness seminars and workshops
• Managing Technology Use and Screen Time in Kids
• Intelligence testing for children and adolescents
• ‘Cool Kids’ Anxiety group program for children and adolescents (ages 7-17)
• Budgeting seminars and coaching
Claire is currently completing her Worker’s Compensation Accreditation and will soon be able to assist with cases where a worker’s compensation claim has been made for a mental health work injury.
Claire is available for counselling sessions in the clinic, or she can be booked to come out to your local community group, workplace or school for presentations or workshops.