BSc(Hons), BMed, DRANZCOG Adv, FRACGP, FARGP
Dr Andrew Pennington is an integrative GP committed to holistic lifestyle medicine that wherever possible seeks to use lifestyle as medicine to heal. He desires to use both traditional and natural remedies, with sensible lifestyle measures to heal, and promote wellness. Andrew is the founder and Practice Principal of Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic. Andrew believes that people thrive in wellness when they are healthy in mind, body and spirit, and as such seeks to address each of these areas as they relate to a person’s health. Andrew would love to be your family GP. Andrew has a strong interest in chronic disease (eg diabetes and cardiovascular disease) prevention and reversal where possible, using evidence based lifestyle interventions as first line therapy. Andrew has a special interest in mental illness using nutritional, lifestyle and supplemental approaches to treatment.
Training and experience:
- Fellowship in General Practice through the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice (FARGP)
- Advanced Diploma in Obstetrics (DRANZCOG Advanced). Andrew was previously a rural GP Obstetrician and continues to enjoy helping pregnant women through their journey towards and after birth. He is registered to provide shared care through the Northern and Inner West Sydney hospital networks
- Having extensive paediatric (child health) experience, Andrew enjoys looking after children and assisting their parents.
- Academic experience in research and teaching at Melbourne University and is currently involved in teaching graduate medical students from Sydney University.
- Additional training in Advanced Nutrient Therapy for Mental Illness using Pfeiffer/Walsh methodology to use targeted nutrient therapy to correct biochemical imbalances associated with mental illness and behavioural disorders.
- Andrew is a trained facilitator for CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program, an evidence-based lifestyle medicine program with proven results and priceless benefits.
Andrew is a committed Christian who believes that all people are created equal and deserve equal opportunities to thrive in wellness as God intended them to.
BPsych (hons); Assoc MAPS
Claire Marsh is a warm and friendly psychologist who is the manager of Adventist Counselling Services (ACS).
She is an experienced psychologist who also works in schools doing school counselling and psychometric assessments. She is able to accept medicare and non-medicare referrals.
Claire is trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT); and is able to combine her approach with some creative methods involving art and sand-play for adults, children and adolescents.
Claire is able to assist with:
• Depression, Anxiety and other mental health conditions
• Grief and loss
• Couple counselling
• Trauma and abuse
• Substance abuse issues
• Family and Parenting
• Clarification of values, identity and goals
• Building resilience
Claire is a trained ‘Prepare-Enrich’ Facilitator, ‘CAP Money’ Facilitator and ‘Cool Kids’ Anxiety Program Facilitator. She is also able to provide some specialised services in the following areas:
• Pre-marital preparation counselling
• Marriage seminars and workshops
• Mental Health workshops
• Forgiveness seminars and workshops
• Managing Technology Use and Screen Time in Kids
• Intelligence testing for children and adolescents
• ‘Cool Kids’ Anxiety group program for children and adolescents (ages 7-17)
• Budgeting seminars and coaching
Claire is currently completing her Worker’s Compensation Accreditation and will soon be able to assist with cases where a worker’s compensation claim has been made for a mental health work injury.
Claire is available for counselling sessions in the clinic, or she can be booked to come out to your local community group, workplace or school for presentations or workshops.
Naturopath and Clinical Nutritionist
Kendra Samuels is a passionate degree qualified naturopath and nutritionist. Kendra’s passion for health started at an early age, being raised in a health-conscious family made her more aware of the difference that living healthily makes in our lives. She has always been blessed with good health and takes joy in helping others achieve a better quality of life and optimum wellbeing using natural and evidence based health interventions.
Kendra understands that with busy lifestyles, increased stress, and less time on our hands we often make compromises with our food choices and how much or how little sleep and exercise we get. Kendra emphasises a healthy lifestyle with her clients before using nutritional or herbal medicine. Kendra finds great satisfaction in knowing she has helped a client feel better than they did the day before and eventually to help them be the healthiest version of themselves. Kendra believes that when we are faced with a challenge, a disease, an illness or a rough patch in our health, results are often best achieved when a strategy that is realistic and individualised is implemented. Kendra’s treatment plans and prescriptions are always individualised and practical.
When Kendra is not in clinic she is attending seminars, and researching to further her knowledge. She also finds time to enjoy boxing, the beach, relaxing at the sauna and running volunteer community health programs.
Kendra has a interest in treating skin conditions, improving sporting performance, weight loss, preventative medicine, arthritis & autoimmune disease. Kendra’s consults are health fund accredited and she always goes the extra mile for each of her clients.
Registered Play Therapist
BTch EC, Post Grad Dip Play Therapy, Circle of Security, APPTA.
Elizabeth Hensby is a warm and friendly registered Child Centred Play Therapist. She came to the profession having first been a Preschool Teacher. As an Early Childhood Teacher she understands the value of play and that it is often the place where children make sense of the world around them and practise life skills. However having spent time working in developing countries she learnt that children who have been through difficult experiences or trauma often get ‘stuck’ and need support to processes their thoughts and emotions. Previously Elizabeth worked with children of domestic violence and abuse in Western Sydney.
Blossom Play Therapy offers a developmentally sensitive counselling approach specifically designed for children aged 3 – 12 years. It utilises a range of play and creative arts mediums, through the interpersonal process, that enables children to relate, self regulate, feel, express, communicate, practise, master, process and integrate their internal and external experiences. (Olejniczak 2013)
Elizabeth is able to assist children who have struggled with the impact of:
- Learning or social difficulties
- Trauma or abuse
- Adoption, foster or institutional care
- Anxiety, depression or stress
- Loss or grief
- Sensory or conduct disorders
- Severe/prolonged illness or hospitalisation
Elizabeth is also a trained Circle of Security International Facilitator. At present she unable to offer a Medicare rebate but offers a reasonable rate. Elizabeth’s hope is to give an opportunity for children to have a voice, to been seen and heard, to blossom and live in the way God intended.