Integrative General Practice
- Lifestyle, Nutritional and Preventive Medicine advice
- Plant-based Nutrition
- Integrative & Functional Medicine
- Please note Dr Pennington does not provide integrative management of tick-borne illnesses or lyme-like illnesses
- Science based approaches to improve gut health
- Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
Mental health and Behavioural Disorders in Adults and Children
- Biochemical treatment for mental and behavioural disorders
- Bio-balance assessment (Walsh Pfeiffer method) program and referrals
- Family planning and contraception and sexual health advice – IUD (such as Mirena®) insertion and removal, Implanon® insertion and removal
- Cervical screening (has replaced PAP screening)
- Breast checks
- Menopause management
Shared Antenatal Care
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Shared Care
- Baby and Child Check-ups
- Child health and health assessments
- Childhood immunisations
- A Healthy kid’s check is provided for all children receiving their scheduled immunisations.
- Prostate screening
- Family planning
- Sexual health
- Mole/Skin checks
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Travel health, staying safe and healthy while travelling
- Stress management
- Hormonal implants/removal
- Skin tag/mole removal
- Skin cancer diagnostics and excision/removal
- We look after you as an individual and tailor our care to suit your needs. Our GPs are experienced in the management of long term health conditions including diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and chronic pain
- Lung Function Testing
Health Assessments and Healthy Ageing
- Sanctuary Clinic offers a range of Health Assessments for the whole family. They are generally subsidised by the government (through Medicare) and are performed by our team on-site
- Healthy Kids Check. The purpose of the Healthy Kids Check is to ensure that every four year old child in Australia has a basic health check to see if they are healthy, fit and ready to learn when they start school. The Healthy Kids Check will promote early detection of lifestyle risk factors, delayed development and illness, and introduce guidance for healthy lifestyles and early intervention strategies. Once only to an eligible child. In conjunction with 4 year old vaccinations.
- 40-49 year old risk of Diabetes Health Assessment. This assessment is for people aged 40-49 years at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes as determined by a score of 12 or more on the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool. This assessment is recommended once every three years if eligible.
- 45-49 year old risk of Chronic Disease. This assessment is for people who have been assessed by their Doctor as being at risk of developing chronic diseases. This assessment may be claimed only once by an eligible person. If you have concerns that this may be you, make an appointment today to discuss these concerns.
- Over 75 years annual Health Assessment. This assessment is used to assess a person’s health. It includes a detailed review of their physical, psychological and social function for the purpose of preventative health care and/or medical interventions as appropriate. This assessment may be claimed every twelve months by an eligible patient. If you feel you may benefit from this assessment please contact us to make an appointment and indicate the appointment is for your ‘Over 75 years annual Health Assessment’.
Online bookings available for existing patients.
New patients please phone reception on 02 8203 5920
Psychology and Counselling
Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic offers general psychology and counselling services currently through these onsite service providers:
- Lidija Willison of Pysch Perceptions – Available on Tuesday
- Claire Marsh of Adventist Counselling Services – Available on Wednesdays & Thursdays
Our psychologists can accept privately funded & medicare referrals
– medicare rebates apply if you are eligible under a GP Mental Health plan.
Please call our clinic on 02 8203 5920 for more information.