Sept 23rd, 2021
COVID VACCINE ADVICE:
Although Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine remains the preferred choice for adults 12-59 years of age, due to the recent COVID outbreak in Sydney and the lack of current Pfizer stock, AstraZeneca vaccination is now available to all adults 18 years and over. There is a rare risk of blood clots called TTS. You may discuss with the doctor your individual risk or any other information if you wish before going ahead, but Sanctuary Clinic has plenty of AstraZeneca Stock and you are welcome to book an appointment to get further advice and/or be vaccinated. AstraZeneca remains available for over 60s.
There is a possibility that we may have left over doses each day and some Pfizer may be available at short notice. If you would like to be available to be called on at short notice, please let our clinic know.
PREGNANCY AND BREAST-FEEDING ADVICE
Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are recommended for pregnant and lactating women. They can be given at any stage of pregnancy. Real world experience suggests they are safe, and may possibly confer benefit to the baby through passing of antibodies through the placenta or breast-feeding.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you are part of a priority group and may be vaccinated with Pfizer
Influenza Vaccines available
Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic is an accredited medical practice located in Hornsby on Sydney’s Upper North Shore. We are a family practice staffed with an Integrative GP, Psychologist, and a Practice Nurse. We integrate conventional and complementary medicine to provide the best possible wholistic care to our patients. We would love to be your family medical home.
|Online bookings available for existing patients.
New patients please phone reception on 02 8203 5920
Monday & Tuesday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Wednesday 10:30am – 7pm
Thurs 10:30am – 6pm
Friday 8am – 3pm
Closed on the weekend
- We are available for urgent and standard consultations, both by video/phone (ie telehealth) conferencing and in person.
- The Government has made available Medicare rebates for these consultations. Please phone us, or click below to book online.
- In order to be eligible for a medicare rebate for telehealth consultations, you must have visited our practice for an in-person consultation at least every 12 months.
- New patient consultations remain in-person ONLY.
As an accredited medical practice, we have appropriate infection control measures in place, however, we have implemented additional measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- Any patients with cold/flu symptoms are encouraged to call before attending
- Hand sanitiser is located on the reception desk and must be used before each consultation with the doctor/nurse
- All toys and reading materials have been removed
- Increased spacing of chairs in reception area
- Regular disinfection of all doors, handles, furniture, EFTPOS terminals and pens
- We encourage contactless transactions to reduce cash handling
- Option to remain in your car or outside the practice until the health practitioner is ready for you
- We are able to isolate patients in individual rooms if necessary
At Sanctuary, we focus on promoting the health and well-being of your whole person – mind, body and spirit. Our dedicated health professionals take an integrative approach to your medical, nutritional and psychological care specifically focusing on getting to the cause of your problem where possible, not just the symptoms. We integrate both conventional and complementary health approaches to make sure your treatment plan is personalised and right for you. Our focus is providing the best health services to you and your family through innovation, commitment and high quality care.