- We are available for urgent and standard consultations, both by video/phone (ie telehealth) conferencing and in person.
- The Government has made available Medicare rebates for these consultations. Please phone us, or click below to book online.
- In order to be eligible for a medicare rebate for telehealth consultations, you must have visited our practice for an in-person consultation at least every 12 months.
- New patient consultations remain in-person ONLY.
As an accredited medical practice, we have appropriate infection control measures in place, however, we have implemented additional measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- Any patients with cold/flu symptoms are encouraged to call before attending
- Hand sanitiser is located on the reception desk and must be used before each consultation with the doctor/nurse
- All toys and reading materials have been removed
- Increased spacing of chairs in reception area
- Regular disinfection of all doors, handles, furniture, EFTPOS terminals and pens
- We encourage contactless transactions to reduce cash handling
- Option to remain in your car or outside the practice until the health practitioner is ready for you
- We are able to isolate patients in individual rooms if necessary
Latest Corona-virus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia are available at